Thursday, February 19, 2015

Easy Dark Chocolate Nutella Brownies



Hello! Happy day before Friday! Wow, this week has just flown by! My children had Monday off in observance of President's Day and they had early release yesterday, so for today being Thursday, I am wondering where the week went! It is definitely feeling like Spring around here, for those of you in negative numbers, I hope it being close to 80F, sends you some warmth and sunshine! My tulips are blooming, and there are even a couple buds on my rosebushes. I don't even think they know it's still winter!

If you saw my post yesterday, then you read how I'd been procrastinating on writing this post, simply because, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I had enough chocolate to last a month or at least until I ran out of, which is what happened two days ago. It started with the cake I made for Lindsay's 9th Birthday! It was a  Dark Chocolate ganche, and strawberry filled cream cheese heart cake.  I got the inspiration from Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Strawberry Nutella cake. With that cake and all the Valentine's chocolate, I could not look at or eat anymore.

I had planned to cover the entire ganache covered cake with cream cheese frosting, except the strawberries left a huge gap between cake layers, so I went with a more open cake concept. I actually like the double black on white look with the heart on top! Oh my gosh, this cake was gone in two days! The recipe was really moist but dense and really easy to make! It is definitely one of my top chocolate go to recipes.




This Nutella glazed brownie recipe is even easier than this chocolate cake recipe, because it only has 4 ingredients and you can make it in one bowl (after you melt the chocolate)! After I took one bite of these brownies, it reminded me of eating a Ferrero Roche, bursting with  Nutella hazelnut flavor. Total prep time and baking time was around 30 minutes or less. If you need a quick dessert, or need a chocolate fix immediately, this is one to make.


Dark Chocolate Nutella Brownies
Ingredients:  

  • 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips, divided
  • 1/2 cup Nutella
  • 1 stick (4 ounces) SALTED butter
  • 3 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 cup all purpose flour 

  • For topping:

  • 1/2 cup Nutella
  •  Mini chocolate chips or chopped nuts
  • Powdered sugar and fresh fruit

  •  Instructions:

    Instructions

    1. Preheat oven to 350F.

    2. In a small saucepan melt the butter and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips over medium-low heat, stirring frequently. Once the butter is completely melted and the chocolate chips have completely melted, stir in the nutella. Remove from heat to cool for about 5 minutes.
    3.  Now I did not add a cup of sugar the recipe called for, I am trying to cut back on sugar, but you may at this time add up to 1 cup of sugar and beat well. Then add eggs, and  flour, stirring until just combined! Fold in remaining chocolate chips.
    4. Pour batter into a lightly greased 8×8 baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
    5. Remove from oven; let cool for at least 5 minutes, then cut into squares and serve!

    6. If topping, simply glaze brownies with extra nutella and sprinkle with chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or powdered sugar and fresh fruit right before serving.
    Here are a couple more Nutella recipes (with or could be made with) I would love to try for next time! Enjoy!

    



    13 comments:

    1. Oh how delicious! Nutella makes everything better and it sounds divine in these brownies!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Yum! My mouth is watering while I read this! I would love if you would share on my Friday Favorites linkup!

      ReplyDelete
    3. mmm yummy! But tired of chocolate? I don't think I've ever had that problem, lol. Thanks for sharing on Weekend Bites

      ReplyDelete
    4. These sound divine, Nutella is a fave of mine! Found this post at What To Do Weekends.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I can understand getting to the point of being over chocolate, but I don't think I have ever reached it....lol.

      These all look delicious!

      Thanks for sharing at Marvelous Monday on Smart Party Planning.

      ReplyDelete
    6. These look awesome! I'm addicted to chocolate. Thanks for linking up to Funtastic Friday. Hope to see you again this week.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Those look just wonderful and oh so gooey! Love nutella :-)

      ReplyDelete
    8. Super yummy recipe! This looks so amazing. Pinned and tweeted. We love to party with you, so I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm.. Have an amazing day! Lou Lou Girls

      ReplyDelete
    9. I just love Nutella! :) Thanks for sharing at Totally Terrific Tuesday! #tttparty

      ReplyDelete
    10. Oh I think I fell in love with the cake roll, look amazing!!! I have yet to try Nutella!
      Thanks Christine for Co-Hosting with Oh My Heartsie Girl this month, I appreciate all you do!
      Have a great week!
      Karren

      ReplyDelete
    11. Chocolate overload!!! I adore nutella, this looks amazing. Thank you for co-hosting, I enjoy looking at your blog and your wonderful posts every week! x

      ReplyDelete
    12. You have the best recipes! Nutella is great--we always have some in our kitchen. #OMHGWW...A awesome to co-host with you again, Christine.

      ReplyDelete